(Dads of Great Students)
WATCH D.O.G.S. is a program of the National Center for Fathering focusing on prevention of violence in schools by using the positive influence of fathers and father-figures to provide an unobtrusive presence in the schools, and to be a positive role-model for students.
Through WATCH D.O.G.S. participation:
- Schools get an enhanced sense of security at their buildings, creating an environment conducive to learning.
- Students gain positive male role models, including students without such role models.
- Fathers learn about the complex challenges facing today’s youth.
- Fathers gain awareness of the positive impact they can have on a student’s academic performance, self esteem, and social behavior.
- WATCH D.O.G.S. is for fathers and father-figures who volunteer at least one day each year at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. school. During the day, WATCH D.O.G.S may read with students, eat lunch with them, watch school entrances and hallways, mentor students, and any other assigned activities.
Or borrow a shirt in the office!